Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I thought it was going to be easy.................

Just a quick lesson in how it works.
We needed some printing to be picked up from the printers. Everyone is busy so though I could jump on the metro and go and get the goods. Well here is how it went.
I got a lesson from my co worker on which train to catch - and which end of the carriages to sit so I exited from the station at the right point. Then he said - pick up the piece of paper from finance to take with you.
So down to finance - a form had to be printed - with my passport details, the form was double sided and needed 5 signatures and a stamp. (Including the Chief Secretary signature). The form was not complete - so back to finance. I head out to go to the printer. Short walk to the metro, the ticket is expired, so new ticket. Then it is 2 trains to the place I want to go. There are 4 exits from the station so I check I am heading in the right direction. My phone beeps - it is flat and dead! No chance of help if I cannot accomplish the mission. 5 minute walk which was nearly 10 to arrive at a building that was the right shape according to my map. In through the security guards (x2) and find the place. Into the printer shop which turned out to be a big printer - past the reception to one person then another to get the person managing the job. The paperwork is reprinted and stamped and I am then taken to the basement to pick up the printing. The exit I am now sent on is out the back door which is onto a back lane and around the corner. Eventually I find my way back to the metro to take 2 trains a 6 stops back to work with my little trolley and 2 boxes of printing.
Next time the 300 rubles to have it delivered will be well worth and I will not hesitate !!!!!!!!!!!
The amazing thing here is that the Russians accept this as normal - this is how it is done! Can't just have anyone ?????picking up 2,500 self denial envelopes.

No comments: